Following the #MicrosoftTeams hashtag and again thank you to all the community tweeting all the great stuff out of Ignite for people who aren’t there.
This session was on Understanding meetings in Teams a link to the session here and perhaps recording will be available soon.
- mac meeting experience is the same as pc pretty much
- Quick join into meetings via single click pstn entry
- Teams meetings can have 80 participants
- Connected meeting lifecycles – Pre, During and Post
- Meetings are more than meetings they are entire work cycle
- Meetings shared in the channel and threaded by default, you can make private if needed
- You can see meetings in channels and jump in if you want
- PSTN meeting join automatic using join link on email of mobile
- Teams running WebRTC for meetings ! screenshot in Chrome!
- Geo meetings in teams is built upon SfB calling service
- Teams meetings going forward, Audio conferencing to go GA, Mute other participants, Large meetings 250+, Broadcast meetings, Give control of sharing, PPT Sharing, edge without plugin, Skype room systems, conference phones, VTC, call quality analytics, users level policies. (Alot of the SfB features coming to teams)
- SfB and Teams are different and powered by different stacks and services
- Teams powered by Skype next gen and cloud services
- SfB client cannot be used to joins a teams meeting and vice versa
- IT can control which type of meetings users schedule via policies
- Teams users can still user SfB client to join SfB Meetings
Speical thanks to all the people below for their tweets