Saw a post on Tech Community Blogs around the SfB Mac Client and new features released in the Insider Fast release. Post on Tech Community here
What’s Insider Fast release ?
The Insider program allows you to install early builds of SfB for Mac so you can test new features before they will be released publicly in a GA build. More info on insider program here https://products.office.com/en-us/office-insider?tab=tab-2
Please note: So these new features and changes are NOT yet in the GA build of SfB for Mac.
To Check Insider Build information please check here
Released – 14/09/2017
Build Number – Build 16.11.115
Previous Build – August 15 2017 188.8.131.52
1. Simplified sign-in experience and support for certificate-based authentication
- On initial sign-in, users are now only required to enter their sign-in address.
- Based on the sign-in information, we will ask for additional information (such as password) only when necessary. If your organization supports certificate-based authentication and the certificate exists on the machine, you will sign in automatically.
- We have moved some of the less-used options (such as user name) to the Advanced Options page to simplify the experience and avoid unnecessary confusion to the end users.
2. Meetings improvements
- Earlier this year we added support for joining a meeting through phone. We listened to your feedback and have now added the additional option to join a meeting without audio.
- Users can choose to hide or show content that another user is sharing in a meeting. When someone is sharing their screen, select to “Turn off content” under the More options menu. If content is available but not displayed, the option will show “Turn on content”.
- The “End Meeting” option was added last release. This option allows a presenter to end the meeting for all participants before leaving a meeting.
Fixed an issue where a user’s location used for E-911 calls is not correctly identified when the user is connected to a network inside their organization.
Fixed an issue where a user’s status continued to show as Available after they had quit the app.
Fixed an issue that prevented users from signing in with an Alternate ID.
Fixed several issues to improve the reliability of viewing screen sharing in a meeting.
Don’t forget to get the known issues a look over as well.
One critical known issue is